Apr 25, 2008

About traditions... or just one day from Astarta's life...

...Or I'm good not only in Linux ;-) :-D lol
You know, I'm not religious, but once a year I make Easter cakes and color eggs. Cause my Grandma did this, my mama did (and does with me usually), now it's my turn. I like traditions in general, this makes us closer to each other when we do smth that our fore-parents used to do; also traditions is the only part of religion that could be somehow interesting for me, and Easter is, probably, the only Christian holiday when I go to church and do some staff. Of cause without any emotions, it's just funny to look to this religious masquerade in the same time from inside and outside. I even go inside the church, put candles near icons, but this atmosphere doesn't make me feel as a part of this community, I'm just doing a tradition and that's all, that's really beautiful. Russian Christian Church is beautiful as a special kind of art. I'll try to show you it a bit later - tomorrow, in case I will not forget to take a camera with me. Now my goal is to show you the preparation for the Easter, as we do it here in Russia, hope you'll get some fun from my story ;)
First and the most difficult part is making pastry (if lingvo is not wrong in the translation of this word from russan :-D). Let me skip all the culinary details - this could make you boring, which is completely not my aim:) . Just see. The process is started:

Meanwhile eggs are already done :)

Put the pastry to the warm place and could have 3-4 hours of rest.
/*time passed*/
Now it's time to put cakes to oven and wait for the results.
o! results:


Tomorrow will show you national russian flashmob of sanctifying cakes in church :)


mood: dreaming
music: still "Die Toten Hosen"

No comments: